Updated: Oct 16, 2022
OVERVIEW OF SOAP PROJECT 2022
Welcome to the Women Helping Women blog space. Below, you will find detailed information about our 2022 Soap Making Project Plan that will serve to help women in West Africa build new lives. After reading, please visit our "Support" page to find out how you can partner with us in helping women, children, and families build new lives.
The Project Plan
1. The object of the project is to train women in soap -making techniques and equip them with the tools and materials they need to start their own business.
2. Femme Aide Femme (FAF) will call on specialist in the training production of quality soap
products for Guineans. The women will also be provided monitoring, evaluation, and support until they are empowered.
3. The facilitator will provide training in inventory management, product sales and advertising.
4. A detailed program will be established, and sessions of practical work accompanied by soap production will be evaluated.
5. Contracts will be established between FAF and wholesale traders and retailers for the sale of the products.
6. The proceeds of the sales will be distributed to the women and a reserve fund will be set up to support the sustainability of the project.
7. Finally, there will be a graduation ceremony, which consists of five (5) women per training
group. It is estimated training will last 6-8 weeks.
8. The overall goal is to train twenty (20) women in smaller groups of five (5) to assure that the training is comprehensive.
VILLAGE SAVINGS AND CREDIT ASSOCIATION (VSLA)
Femme Aide Femme hold the skills and documentation for teaching this system, therefore, after the women graduate, they are eligible to join the credit association. It is composed of 25-30 members and manages its own savings. VSLA also provides interest bearing loans and offers limited form of insurance. It is self-governing with independent functioning, offering members the ability to borrow money when needed. Members share equity once a year in proportion to savings. This type of financial partnership helps the sustainability of their business and income.
THE BUDGET 2022
Supplies, Equipment and Trainers: $500 X 5 Women = $2,500
Tools and supplies to start their own business $800 X 5 Women = $4,000
Total to train 5 women and start their own business: $6,500
After the successful completion of the first group of women, the second group will begin. The goal is 20 women X 4 groups of 5 which equals $26,000 for the entire project.